To serve as the Companies Head Cider Maker for Blue Toad Hard Cider in Rochester NY & Roseland, VA To oversee all production of the various Blue Toad cider varieties from the delivery of fresh pressed sweet cider to the packaging of the finished product keeping up with all aspects of demand.
- Implementation of EKOS Cidermaker Cloud Based Production Management and Tracking software for the entire company.
- Process and procedures created for the updating, maintenance, inventory, supplies, etc… for EKOS Cidermaker
- Report collection and production forecasting based on current and historical date.
- All duties related to fermentation (yeast propagation, monitoring and promoting healthy fermentation).
- Filtering (using plate and frame as well as DE filtration methods)
- CIP of all production related equipment (fermenters, brite tanks, filters, pumps, etc.)
- Packaging (kegging & canning)
- Record keeping/TTB Reporting
- At least one year working in cider, beer or wine production
- Get it done attitude and constantly looking to improve processes & procedures.
- Attend sales calls and events while speaking knowledgeably about the product.
- Ability to manage employees at times from afar.
- High School diploma
- Basic computer competency with knowledge of Google docs, sheets, cloud, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel between production facilities in Rochester, NY and Roseland, VA (homebase will be Rochester, NY)
- Clean and valid driver’s license
- Physical capabilities (can lift at least 50 lbs)
- Flexible scheduling with ability to adjust schedule based on production needs.
- Possess a strong desire to maintain a sanitary facility
- Deadline and goal driven
- Mechanical aptitude and willingness to problem-solve
- Possesses a passion for cider and all things related to cider production.